Monday, February 26, 2007

Three Items of Note

Don't you love it when two of your favorite things are strolling down a metaphorical street, happen to notice each other for one reason or another, and sort of tip their hats to one another? In this case, indie rock and NPR's This I Believe series collide: Wayne Coyne of The Flaming Lips believes we create our own happiness and is apparently really proud of the 11 years (!) he spent as a fry cook at Long John Silver's. You gotta admire that. You can read or listen to his essay here.

Also, I can't believe I forgot to mention this, but I guest-blogged a few days ago over at alog in response to the Question of the Month, "Tell me about your Hallmark moment." I used it as an excuse to talk about how much I love greeting cards.

Lastly, I started Story of O the other day and plan to finish it today/tonight if my sniffly nose and watery eyes will allow me (I have a cold). Once I'm finished I'll write more-ish on the topic, though with a book like this, it's often the sort of thing I dislike saying much about since I'm sure somewhere in literary journals, theses, and all over the internet, other people have said the same or better things. We shall see.

No comments: