Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Hey, the roads are slippery

You know how I know the roads are slippery? Forget the giant electronic freeway signs that usually say things like "Time to Hwy.45 - 8 min" but that this morning say something like "Caution - Slippery Freaking Roads" (I'm paraphrasing). I know the roads are slippery because this morning it took me over an hour to take my husband to work and drive home, a trip that usually takes about 20 minutes, all because of the dozen or so car accidents I saw, plus many more cops on route to car accidents.

I even saw my own cousin pulled over at the side of the road, as what I can only assume was the head of a four-car pile-up. I was in the far left lane at the time and started to make an attempt to get over to where he was, but there were three lanes and a lot of cars between us, and the drivers of all those cars were rubber-necking his accident and probably not paying attention to the Corolla wanting to change lanes. He appeared to be physically fine anyway, and I didn't see any major damage to his car, though he did looked mighty annoyed. I emailed him when I got home to let him know I'll back up his late-to-work excuse. :)

The moral of the story: Use caution! Roads are apparently slippery!

No comments: