Monday, March 5, 2007

Puzzles are way fun, yo.

Howdy kids! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was fantastic, thanks. Not only has the baby started walking, he's been in a great mood (perhaps due to the fact that he finally figured out the whole walking thing). On Friday night my cousin and his wife came over for dinner (hand-shredded chicken and personally deep-fried tostadas, thankyouverymuch). We drank a lot of wine, which was great because I hadn't had any wine in a while. Saturday morning I was not so happy with myself, but Jake made a scrumptious breakfast of bacon, scrambled eggs, and hash browns, and that made me feel better. I decided my head hurt too much to read or blog or listen to music or do just about anything besides... a puzzle!

Let me just say that I have been thinking about doing a jigsaw puzzle since before the baby was born. I've got over a dozen of them (a couple unopened) in the basement. Trouble was, while I was pregnant I didn't have the stamina, and afterward, well, if you've had a baby, you understand why afterward I just couldn't. Anyway, so I went downstairs, picked out a lovely 1000-piece puzzle of the Golden Gate Bridge and set to work on the dining room table. I finished it Sunday morning and jonesing for more, I this time chose one of the unopened puzzles - a fancy one (you know the kind with the sturdier pieces) of Van Gogh's A Sower at Sunset. Since yesterday morning, I've got the man and the tree basically finished:



Really, what this all serves as is a distraction from this UNENDING WINTER. No snow for today (thank god), but 1-2 inches expected by the end of tomorrow (sigh).

Where is the warm weather that Punxsatawney Phil promised us? Stupid lying groundhog.

No comments: