Thursday, March 1, 2007

Remember when Lost was good?

Or, Reason 482 why I've just about lost my patience with TV.

Is it just me, or is everyone else who watched Lost last night demanding an hour of their lives back? I'd ask for my money, but that shit was free. If you really hate yourself, you can watch it here.

-------Bla, bla, spoilers, not that it matters because it was crap-------

I'll give them one more week, but if they pull that crap again next Wednesday, I'm done. Hurley had some flashbacks about his daddy issues, his crazy mama, and his curse. He found an old VW bus with a dead guy inside (he was rather glib about this - NOT the Hurley from previous seasons, but hey, maybe he's grown or become desensitized or whatever) and decides that he must get it started. Just 'cause it's fun, which is fine, but Hurley, if you want people to join in your fun, yelling at them and throwing a hissy fit isn't the way to do it.

Kate and Sawyer return to the beach, and everyone's happy to see them except me. I don't understand why Kate won't just die already. Her stupid impulsive one-track mind is going to get her killed one of these days, or at least I can dream. Sawyer, plied with beer, helps Hurley with the white whale, err, bus.

Kate leaves the beach as soon as she's gotten there (thank god), telling Locke and Sayid that she's going to get Jack, and she's heading into the jungle to find the only person on the island who can help her. They act all, "Wha??? Who could she possibly be talking about???" I don't like it when writers treat me like I'm stupid. Kate, who is stupid, doesn't realize that Locke and Sayid have been following her. She has a torch. They each have a torch. And they've somehow managed to hide from one another in the pitch black jungle with fire held high above their heads? Anyway, they see each other. Sayid appears not to know where in the jungle they are. Uh-huh. Yeah, he seems like the absent-minded type who forgets things like that. Rousseau appears (hey, look, we're in Rousseau's neighborhood! What an awesome coincidence! Wait... I think maybe Kate was heading here the whole time!) and makes like to shoot the three of them. *sigh* Sayid reminds everyone (because they've all got their guns drawn) that they've all met before and shouldn't shoot one another. Good plan. Kate tells Rousseau she thinks Alex is her daughter. The announcement is made all dramatically as if the audience watching didn't already know. Blessedly, the episode ends.

-------End "spoilers," as if anyone cares-------

So that's it. There were some commercials, not that I paid attention to them, and Jake and I had ice cream floats. The ice cream was a little frostbitten. Oh well.

Let's end this bitter post on a high note, though. In no particular order:
  1. I hung a shelf yesterday, people.
  2. I got in contact with an old friend from high school. It's funny how people change and yet don't.
  3. I browned several tilapia in butter, then made a sauce from butter and lemon and poured it over the fish. Then I sprinkled on some pepper, salt, parsely, and red pepper flakes. It was hella good. The baby liked it and the asparagus. He played with the rice. It was cute.
  4. I got another 50 or so pages read of Anansi Boys.
  5. Ryan Adams is releasing a new album this year!

No comments: