Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Liam Finn was at SXSW

And I was not. Subterranean was though, and they saw him. They even blogged him. (They also mention in an earlier post that rumors of a Betchadupa break-up are "swirling around the Internet." Did I do that?)

Liam himself blogged his adventure in pictures, and you can view them all here.

Also at SXSW were The Rosebuds, interviewed here.

And if I had two tiny wishes, it would have been to see The Rosebuds and Liam Finn play SXSW. I wouldn't have taken up anymore seats after that. Or maybe I would have, but I'm small, so you wouldn't have noticed me. Actually, thinking about it, I think I'll have more opportunities to see The Rosebuds what with them being an American band and all, but Liam? Needs a passport and probably a visa, etc.

Ooh! Liam should tour with The Phoenix Foundation when they tour the U.S. now that they have an American label. Would that also require Liam to get a U.S. record deal? I have no idea how these things work.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Having a US record deal and doing a US tour aren't necessairly related. It would be pretty rare to do one without the other, though, because in theory the whole point of doing shows is to promote your record.

If you ever do need to buy some Liam Finn import, let me know. Finding cheap imports is my one skill.

the a is for annie said...

I think he's mixing the record now, and I have heard nothing about any record deals. And you know I always go to you first for my album-importing needs!