Thursday, March 29, 2007

Second letter to an old friend who did not respond to the first

Dear Dan,

Not exactly the happy reunion I'd hoped for, I suppose. I know having
a baby around is hectic, but come on! Throw me a bone! Anything!
For example, you say something like: "Hello, how are you! The last
movie I saw was Wild Hogs, it is now my absolutely favorite piece of
cinema ever
in the whole world. I have enrolled in a PhD program
recently and will be writing my thesis on the relationship between
John Travolta and William H. Macy in Wild Hogs and how that compares
to the migratory habits of North American seagulls. What have you
been up to?"

I might reply something to the effect of, "Wow, Dan, that's really
impressive. There were a lot of messages in that film. It was dense
and mutlilayered like an onion. I'm so glad to find someone so
inspired by it. Unfortunately, I prefer John C. McGinley as a
spitfire doctor and not a loserly cop, so I must give Wild
Hogs two thumbs down. Have fun writing your thesis! Cordially,
Annie."

Am I close?

Cordially,


Annie

No comments: