Thursday, March 29, 2007

Liam Finn! Album! Update! Sort of!

My crack detective skills at work once again:

  • The closest thing to real news I have to report: Look for a July 2007 release of Liam's record, which may or may not be titled I'll Be Lightning. I'd also like to think I know his record label, and that it's a U.S. label (Hello tour!), but I'm not confident enough on this front to really say anything yet.
  • Due to a recent message on Betchadupa's website, I no longer believe that they are completely kaput. I'm going to think of it as more of a Justin-Timberlake-keeping-the-rumors-of-an-*N Sync-reunion-alive kind of a thing. (Yes, I just compared Liam Finn to Justin Timberlake. No, I have no idea what that means. I do feel compelled to note however that while I did find that "Bye Bye Bye" song kind of catchy, I do not own any *N Sync or JT solo albums. I do however think Justin Timberlake was a great SNL host and yes, really foxy. I mean, the man brought sexy back!)
  • Oh right, the message (dated 17 March 2007):
    hello there!
    1st message of the year and only 3 months in, i think we're getting better...
    liam has been very busy indeed making his first solo record over summer in nz. he's putting the final touches on it as we speak and it should be out sometime mid year. check his myspace page for shows and album updates. get excited!!!
    we're all almost back in london now so there may even be a few dupa shows along the way.
    keep your eyes open
    dupa.
  • Also, this rather amusing message is worth reading. Was it written with a brilliant sense of irony, or perhaps it was fueled by drugs and/or alcohol? You decide.
In the meantime, please visit Liam's myspace and have a listen to "Wise Man," which I cannot stop humming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought I was the detective discovering the title. But hey, you were first.
Really like the new track Second Chance!

There should also be another track called Bad Luck by Betchadupa called Bad luck. That was supposed to be released last year.

Anonymous said...

found your page on google keep up the godo work i luvvvv liam finn i think his girlfriend is www.myspace.com/_galaxies dammmnnnn i wantt to marry him!!!!the new albm will be awsome i luv 2nd chance