Monday, April 23, 2007

Happy Earth Day!

Yay! It's Earth Day, and since the earth is the newest trendiest thing we all love, here are some way you can celebrate her today:

  1. Stop drinking bottled water! Get yourself a still-just-as-convenient but way cuter Sigg bottle instead, and be cool like me and my bebe.
  2. Moms - stop wiping up your kids' messes with paper towels. Target has a 12-pack of cheap washcloths for $3.99, and turns out it's not just good for the environment, it also does a better job of cleaning up the mess.
  3. Use a tote bag for your groceries! I haven't gotten one yet - I really want the one over at the Onion, but the bag is $7.50 (good price) and the shipping is $7.16 (bad price). And that is why I don't have a tote bag for my groceries yet. If anyone local wants an Onion tote or anything else the Onion store is selling, let me know and we'll go in on it to save shipping.
  4. Use a travel mug for your Starbucks! Again, haven't actually gotten this one yet because I haven't found a cute travel mug I like. Still this is good because seriously, look at the floor of your car and count how many gazillions of paper cups are back there, then multiple that by every single American. Also, like the Sigg bottles for your water, you can find a stylish mug and then you can be cool in addition to earth-friendly, and for me at least, having a product I like and want other people to see me using (yes, I admit it - now you be honest with yourself and admit it too) will make me actually use it more. (Also, I think Starbucks will take 10¢ off your total if you bring your own cup.)
  5. Oh, and when you're in the drive-thru at Starbucks, turn off your car! Please, please, please, turn off your car. If not for the environment, then because of the price of gas, people.
  6. What's that? You're in the living room, and yet the light in the bathroom is on? Why is that exactly? Go turn it off!
  7. Lastly, nothing to do with Earth Day, but please go be amused at my really interesting new picture on myspace. It's really interesting.
Also, Starbucks' website has the Planet Green Game, which I haven't played yet, but it seems like a mildly festive thing to do while you're stuck in your office on Earth Day.

Aaand... I just looked and yesterday was Earth Day. Fine, but you can still totally do stuff today too!

No comments: