Wednesday, April 18, 2007

And now, for more stuff I'm not supposed to like...

So the other day I was in the mall with my super adorable son getting his super adorable 15-month pictures taken. On our way out, we passed by Forever 21, a store which had previously never impressed me. Except this time, there were tunics:


And this adorable rainbow hoodie:



Ok, those aren't the exact things I saw, but those are their adorable colleagues that I found online. I wasn't able to try anything on at the store, what with the squirming baby in my arms, but we're talking less than $20 per shirt here, people. Which is exactly what you want to pay for something like tunics or rainbow hoodies, things my children will look back at me wearing in pictures and snicker. They'll open up the photo albums just to show their friends how RIDICULOUS mom looked, and I'll glance over and sigh and say something nostalgic like, "It was the one time fashion was ever on my side..." Because this is my year, people. Everyone gets their chance, some people are blessed with more than one chance, but this is my year! Fashion is actually flattering on my figure! This year! I must find a way to work these items into my budget.

(I should note that I already have a few ADORABLE pieces from Target, one tunic, one babydoll dress, and one sleeveless tunic/summer dress hybrid.)

Plus, leggings are totally back, and I am not ashamed to admit that I have been waiting for this comeback since like 1992 when I got my first pair. I had black ones with a lace trim at the bottom, and they totally have those at Macy's, so I know where I'm going folks. Hello? Leggings will look so cute with my Target babydoll dress (which also looks awesome over jeans, thankyouverymuch).

Oh, and I'm not supposed to like Forever 21 because of this, but I am as capable of ignoring evangelism as I am of changing the channel when something crappy is on TV, so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, my perfect fashion time has come and gone. The whole ladylike look of a couple years ago... structured little tweed jackets with skirts and kitten heels. The return of skirt suit, and then the return of the pantsuit. Tailored trousers. Lacy camisoles peeking out of fitted sweaters. And then more recently, the wide belt. Those clothes actually give me a figure. Leggings and tunics make me look as if I have no hips, and I already lack boobs. And I look completely ridiculous in anything called "babydoll." I AM excited about the profusion of dresses though. Not that I can buy anything ever again...

the a is for annie said...

I know - three years ago I could buy a dress that wasn't for prom, and now they are everywhere! Just as (1) I can't afford them and (2) I don't actually need them for anything anymore.

But yay dresses!