Thursday, April 12, 2007

Eagle Vs. Shark Trailer

Let's combine three of my favorite things:

  1. Awkward indie hipster romantic comedies. (I loved Garden State, and your feelings on Zach Braff are irrelevant.)
  2. Indie music from New Zealand. (I was going to link to a post I had written about how music from New Zealand and, to a slightly lesser extent, Australia is the best music ever except looking through, I don't think I've actually written one. So: music from New Zealand and, to a slightly lesser extent - though not by much - Australia is the best music ever.)
  3. Those adorable kiwi eksints. I would pay $12.50 to listen to any one of them read the back of a cereal box.
Anyway, all those things combine to make, dun dun dun dun! Eagle Vs. Shark!


So yes, all this is true. Looking forward to seeing Eagle Vs. Shark, though it probably won't be until it's out on DVD, which is fine. It's worth waiting for.

In the meantime, The Phoenix Foundation (that's the band that did the soundtrack for Eagle Vs. Shark - keep up) is having a US tour fundraiser on April 28. If you happen to live in or around Wellington, you should totally go and sing along extra loud since I can't be there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really funny because my friend B and I just saw the trailer for this during some movie or another, and the line "I was going to come as a shark, but then I realized that an eagle is slightly better" sent us into hysterics for some reason... Yay. That is all. ht