Thursday, January 25, 2007

Feeling Generous?

Looking to soothe your inner philanthropist but don't want to make a traditional, tax-deductible charitable contribution? Look no further, my friend!

After one year and over 3000 digital images, my camera has gone kaput. On the day of my son's first birthday party, my camera chose to not turn on. Fortunately, our friends had their camera with them, so we slipped our SD card in and were able to get pictures of the momentous occasion (first cupcake!). Not that we've seen any of these pictures. We took back our SD card, our friends took their camera home, and the pictures remain unseen and unuploaded.

How else will I take more pictures of my little boy? A "regular" camera is a waste of money given the number of pictures I take - the cost of film, developing, and then taking into account that most of the pictures are probably crap would quickly add up to the $250 it would cost for a new camera. Lately he's been climbing into a little chair in the living room and sitting quietly while he plays with his toys. Will I remember that 20 years from now if I don't have a picture to jog my memory? Not to mention the fact that he is so close to walking. *sigh* Also, today he is wearing a light blue onesie and little brown cotton pants. It's so cute and so simple; it just begs to be photographed. Won't you help a poor girl out?

No comments: