Friday, July 11, 2008

Best Children's Room Ever

I've been checking out Apartment Therapy because Amy and Dave's nifty DIY bed was featured there recently.  Anyway, through a series of clicks (what the young people call "surfing the net"), I wound up face to face with the most beautiful corner of a children's room I have ever seen.  Even better, according to its owner, it's for her two children, who share a room, just as mine will be doing in three short long months.  Mostly I'm posting this to remind myself to repaint the room this way.



As if that wasn't enough, these incredibly crafty and stylin' folks used cork trivets (!) to make functional art on the wall above their office. I will be stealing this idea one of these days when I get around to it. (Instead of random placement, I'm imagining them lined up 3 x 3 or something. In fact, this would go well not only in a home office but in a kid's room.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang. Loves the cork. You can buy it in adhesive rolls at the craft store, if that's yer thing. And then you could shape it into mushrooms or what have you ...